Harnessing the Power
of Probiotics to Improve
Cattle Reproductive Health
What Is ProPreg™?
ProPreg™ is the first intra-vaginal probiotic product to assure a healthy and balanced microbiome in the reproductive tract of cattle. ProPreg™ is specifically formulated with three native bacterial strains that are normally abundant in the reproductive tract of healthy cows. These Lactic Acid Bacteria provide defences against pathogens and infections.
Sign up now for a free sample* of ProPreg™:
*Will be available in Fall 2021
Benefits of ProPreg™
Supports Cattle Health
Maintains optimal conditions to support excellent cow health and post-calving recovery.
No Withdrawal Period
There is no withdrawal period due to ProPreg's™ GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) ingredients.
Safe and Easy
Safe administration and easy implementation into farm protocols and routines.
Supports on-farm initiatives to reduce the usage of antibiotics and disinfectants.
Compelling ROI making it ideal for use in heifers and adult cows.
How ProPreg™ Works
- ProPreg™ directly targets the reproductive microbiome through intravaginal administration.
- Pre-Calving: Administration pre-calving prepares the cow for the stressful transition period by supplying the reproductive microbiome with beneficial bacteria.
- Post-Calving: Administration post-calving combats microbiome disruptions and restores a balanced reproductive microbiome to support uterine involution and subsequent reproductive performance.
View Our Products
When To Use
For optimal maintenance of a healthy reproductive microbiome, administer ProPreg™ weekly starting approximately 2 weeks before expected calving, and until 2 weeks postpartum.
- 1st dose given 2 weeks before expected calving date
- 2nd dose given 1 week before expected calving date
- 3rd dose given 1 week post-calving
- 4th dose given 2 weeks post-calving
As an industry, I believe we need to move towards a preventative mindset. ProPreg™ is now a key tool in our toolbox to prevent reproductive problems. As most dairy farms, we run with a minimal number of staff members. Having a scheduled weekly task can reduce the amount of sick animals and treatments that disrupt our daily routine. If we can reduce any hindrance to a cow transitioning to peak production we believe it is worth the investment. With ProPreg™, we are looking at treating cow’s health holistically instead of piece by piece like IV's and injectables.